Hello friends! The day has arrived!! Welcome to the newly redesigned Start Homemaking website! Whether you are a regular reader of this blog, or if this is your first time visiting Start Homemaking, I am so very thankful that you are here to celebrate with me the launch of the new website!
I first started blogging in October of last year, but I got really serious about the blog in April 2017. It still feels kind of like a new blog, and I am learning new things about blogging every day. I’m also growing as a homemaker every day. I’m just like you, learning new recipes, new ideas on how to teach my children and manage my home, new ways to promote wellness in my home, and growing ever closer to Jesus. That’s the most important thing—remembering that when I keep Christ at the center of it all, that everything else will fall into place, and that he will lead me in my choices in managing my home.
Being a homemaker is not easy, is it? It’s especially not easy in the culture in which we live. We as women are faced with so many unrealistic expectations to be it all, to do it all, and ultimately, to be selfish. Homemaking is not just cooking, or cleaning, or raising kids, or showing hospitality, or budgeting, even though it usually involves all of those things and more. Homemaking is everything that goes into creating a worshipful, warm, loving, and relaxing environment for yourself and others, no matter where you live. It’s worth it!!! Your hard work at home is worth it!!! All that unpaid work you do as you pour into your house and into the ones who live there—it is worth it!!! Don’t beat yourself up because you are not where you want to be! Just remember that what you are doing is BEAUTIFUL in God’s eyes, on the good days and the bad days!!
This is why I chose to blog on homemaking. I know how hard it is, because I am doing it every day. But I firmly believe with all my heart that what I am doing is ministry and it is Kingdom work. No matter what messages that I get from my culture, I will choose to hold my homemaking in high esteem. And I want to encourage you to do the same. I want to encourage YOU, no matter where you are in life, that you have what it takes to create a home that you love, that your family loves, and that honors Christ.
Let me take a moment to point out a few things on the new website:
- Updated drop-down menu: You will notice that the drop down menu is slightly different than it was on the old website. If you click the down arrow, you will see various pages where you can find blog posts on particular topics.
- New color scheme and new logo: I am REALLY excited for you to finally see my new design! Thank you to Vertical Hosts for providing amazing graphic design service!
- Post rating system: You can now rate posts!
- Integrated Social Media Sharing: Allows for easy sharing of posts, images, etc.
- Mobile-friendly design!
- New content coming soon: I have many exciting posts planned, including posts about essential oils, how to cultivate a virtuous culture in your home, setting goals, some new recipes, some exciting guest posts, and more!
- Brand new E–Mail E-Course: I am THRILLED to introduce the Lifesaving Homemaking Hacks 7-Day E-mail E-course! If you would like to receive this FREE e-course, just give me your name and your e-mail and click subscribe! This e-mail e-course will be sent directly to your inbox, full of amazing ideas to implement in your home!
- COMING SOON: My first E-book! Later this fall, I will be releasing my first e-book, The Heart of Homemaking. Along with receiving the Lifesaving Homemaking Hacks E-mail E-course, when you subscribe to my blog, you will also receive updates on the blog and when to expect the e-book will be released.
I hope that you enjoy the new look of the Start Homemaking website. The old content is still here, and is easier to find. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart, for stopping by. I hope that you will find my website to be welcoming, uplifting, encouraging, and compelling. If you’d like to give tell me what you think, just click on Home, and then click Contact, and it will bring you to a contact form, where you can leave me a message. I welcome your feedback, including what you would like for me to post about and how I can pray for you.
Much love and blessings,